I’ll admit that I don’t really like going to super-mega-crazy-big-warehouse stores. I think they are rather overwhelming, not quick or easy to shop, and too often I lose my patience dodging the people who aren’t paying attention in pushing their shopping carts. Nevertheless, I find Costco is worth a trip every 3 months or so, but I plan my visit strategically. Only get what we need, stick to the list, and try to avoid going on a Saturday. One of the departments that I always visit at Costco is the beauty area, as they have fantastic deals on products that my family and I use everyday. Here’s an example of a typical Costco haul of mine, and why I love it:
Almost every product you see here is something that I’ve already blogged about in prior posts. But what is awesome about Costco is that each of these products you see comes in multi-packs – so you aren’t just getting one of something. Here’s what I buy:
- Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer SPF 15 Sensitive Skin: this is my favorite daytime moisturizer, and I can get a 2-pack of BIG bottles (6 oz) instead of the usual 4 oz bottles at my local Target. Per ounce, the Costco deal is better. Plus, my pale family members and I go through this stuff like crazy, so a 2-pack is perfect for about 3 months’ use.
- Simple Micellar Cleansing Water: I just about flipped out when I saw that Costco started carrying kits of my favorite Micellar Water. Inside this box, there’s 3 bottles, one being travel-sized. The larger bottle (13.5 oz) is bigger than what you can get in most big box stores, so you get lot for your money. This stuff is great year round for makeup removal and soothing cleansing of irritated skin. If you’re by the pool this summer, this is a great cleanser to gently remove chlorine and other irritants off of skin quickly. Micellar Water also breaks down SPF, so men and women can use them to help deep clean skin and remove stubborn SPF residue.
- Swisspers Cotton Rounds: Costco has big packs of these sleeves, with 100 count of cotton rounds in each. These really are some of the gentlest, cushiest cotton rounds on the market, and they go great with the Simple Micellar Water. For the money, a pack of these is a great value and easy to stockpile in your closet or basement.
- Kirkland Daily Facial Towelettes: Kirkland is Costco’s own private brand, and they’ve created a strong contender in the makeup removal game with these towelettes. They do have a little bit of fragrance in them, so if you do have sensitivities to fragrance, then I recommend being cautious about using. But if you don’t have extremely sensitive skin, then these are a great bargain for a box of these packs of towelettes. They also have 2 travel-packs in the box, which are great for gym bags too.
- Dove Sensitive Skin bar soap: Oh Dove…how loved you are. I can get a huge pack of these bars for a little bit more of what I would pay for a smaller pack at mass retailers. Having a big pack of these at home comes in handy, as schedules get busy and these bars can do double-duty as body wash, hand soaps and facial cleaners, plus are gentle and effective enough for the whole family.
Many women worried about skincare not being effective enough, or giving them results, if they don’t come with a hefty price tag. These basics are beauty workhorses, and having a good stash of these products that are reliable is a great way to not feel panicked when one starts running low – especially when you get them at a great value. Plus, they are safe for the whole family, which makes your dollar stretch farther. I didn’t even list the 9-packs of EOS lip balms (which are another great item to snag at Costco) or the twin-packs of Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. If you have a Costco near you, I recommend making a trip to see what favorites you may find. My cart typically consists of K-cups, beauty products, paper towels, laundry detergent, and a few bottles of rosé. Hey, bulk shopping may not be glamorous, but it’s convenient when it features brands that deliver and gives you more time in the long run to enjoy things you’d rather be doing!
© 2017 28daysbeauty