It’s a new year, so time for new makeup! Last fall, Cargo Cosmetics launched new contouring palettes, plus brought back their iconic lip gloss tin for their 20th anniversary. Cargo is known for their multi-tasking, high-performing formulas. Plus, these new colors tend towards neutral nudes, and a lighter, fresher glow – just what I was leaning towards to lighten up after a fall with darker shades.
Clockwise, from the top:
- Eye Contour Eye Shadow Palette – I chose the shade 02 Warmer Base, which colors you’ll see below. The range is a mix of shimmers and mattes, with light to dark neutrals. The darker shades are great to use wet as liners, and the Warm Medium shade also doubles as a great universal brow shade. I love that these are buildable, blendable, and long-wearing.
- Boundless Lashes Mascara – This is the newest mascara to Cargo, and features a silicone three-sided brush. The formula is meant to be volumizing, lengthening, and defining. Overall, I like this formula over their other ones, but I’m still not completely won over. (psst – e.l.f. Mineral Infused Mascara is still my fave!)
- Matte Top Coat – I really like this, as it transforms any lipstick into a matte finish. I actually really like to layer it over the Swimmables Lip Liner, which pairs for a long-wearing and smooth color combination.
- Swimmables Lip Liner (shade in Moscow) – The Swimmables line of lip liners and eyeliners is a hero product of Cargo. Waterproof and transfer-proof, these liners are awesome performers. Moscow is a beautiful neutral berry shade, and looks great on most skin tones.
- Liquid Foundation – Oil-free, and hydrating, this foundation is packaged in an innovative pouch that is unbreakable, which makes it perfect for travel. This packaging keeps the gel-like formula foundation clean, and easy to dispense just the right amount. The formula wears all day, and is comfortable – it blends right in.
- Limited Edition Lip Gloss Quad – Super hydrating, and shimmery, these 4 neutral shades make for a beautiful combination in an easy to use tin. It also comes with a tiny lip brush, which is great to toss in your makeup bag. I love these shades – and they are great to layer over the Swimmables lip liners too.
Most of Cargo’s products are paraben-free, and safe for sensitive skin with no added fragrance! Cargo’s roots are in professional makeup, which grew in popularity due to innovation and easy-to-use multi-taskers. I’m leaning towards the neutral, soft glow color palette for Spring, and these shades deliver – with versatility for natural or dramatic!